Monday, March 9, 2009

Lion-ness

I originally planned to call this blog "Men Who Look Like Lions," but then I realized that would be closing myself off to a whole slew of potential lion look-a-likes. One of the first that came to mind was Gisele Bundchen.

Photobucket

In the picture above, I find her to be very lionlike. With the darker hair in contrast to her lion-colored outfit, she seems to fit right into the jungle behind her as if it were her natural habitat.

Photobucket

I think it is important to note at this point that it is not simply the flowing mane of hair that makes someone look like a lion, an impression you may have gotten from the first couple of posts. Although the hair will often cement the resemblance, I believe that there is a certain sort of leonine face, features that convey lion-ness. I will attempt to illustrate this point in future postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment