Monday, March 2, 2009

Crying Lion

The origin of my interest in people who look like lions comes from Kevin Godley, of the band Godley and Creme. I saw the video for their song "Cry" back in the halcyon days when my basic cable included the best channel ever, The Tube, which showed nothing but videos all day long and often included rare live performances. The "Cry" video was in high rotation on The Tube, and every time I'd say to Rob, "Look, it's that lion guy!"

Photobucket

The video is also of note because its concept is a precursor to the morphing faces idea at the end of Michael Jackson's "Black or White" video. It includes many interesting faces besides the lion guy, including one person that looks just like Mr. T but less angry, and a girl who strongly resembles Michelle Pfeiffer. (I realize that information is more suited to Doppelmänia, but I can't help but point out the dops). You may also recognize the song, as it is constantly on the radio in Grand Theft Auto IV.

1 comment:

  1. The Tube was the greatest thing that has ever been on tv... and now this is the greatest blog that will ever be on the internet.

    ReplyDelete